View Single Post
Old
04-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Pred303

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc
Caps fan here; I enjoyed reading both of your posts/stories about the trip; nice to hear how friendly most of the organization/coaches/media/players were to you on this trip; I assume you won it at the charity auction you posted about recently

I was going to comment on the earlier post about surprise at the level of security the players go through and explain why the security is like that, but this post about the bus going directly on the tarmac to the plane and boarding explains it for me
oh i understand the security checks since we're directly boarding the plane from the bus.... just looks and feels funny, because the predators have there own two full time security guards responsible for their own chartered flight that are checking the id's and bags... same guys that are in charge of checking the plane and personnel every single flight..

and to make paul kariya pull out a picture id and his drivers liscense to "identify' himself to that same guard is almost a surreal alice-in-wonderland type of visual.. was funny to be standing in between kariya and vokoun and watching them have to be 'wanded' for bombs..

couple of players told us that coming out of STL wasn't the tighest security (which was much tighter than coming out of nashville or chicago, since the fcc had a rep there monitoring the 'check').. they said "you should be with us coming out of colorado, there they make us take off our shoes and make us walk barefooted to get on the bus"

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote