View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Evil Doctor
Army Recruit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMROWE View Post
Maybe that is reason why the deal to give total control of Copps Coliseum to Katz group & AEG. did not happen a couple months back . Because the city must be in talks with this mystery owner along with katz\aeg. on a lease & also I recall mayor Bob Bratina saying that if Hamilton is going to get an NHL. team its going to be done behind close doors . So apperently mayor Bob Bratina along with this mystery owner & Katz\AEG. are willing to play by the Gary Bettman & the NHL. so called rules unlike Balsille & former mayor Esienberger did .
No, I would like to believe it, but I think the reality is that, unlike a certain Arizona suburban city, the City of Hamilton is actually playing this above board. Negotiating with multiple potential partners for MOUs and then picking the best. I suppose if there is a scramble for a quick landing spot for a team that needs relocating fast, Katz\AEG can play the "we have a team and we need a MOU now" card and jump the queue, otherwise they will have to compete with the other heavy hitters.

I'm keeping an eye on the upcoming Hamilton council meetings and seeing if anything of interest pops up this week...

As for Mayor Bob, I recall Bratina saying the same thing, but I always assume he's off his meds and take everything he says with a grain of salt, even if it makes sense...

Evil Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote