Old
06-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Winger23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Great!

To you, 8 goals and 26 pts = 4M+???

I just think too many of you guys are still on a Stanley Cup high. Believe me, if Stoll has the type of season he had this past year, you guys will be asking for DL's neck again.

We could have and should have signed Stoll for 2M. If not, let him walk.

To me, both Stoll and Penner should have been signed for 2M max! If not, See Ya!

The funny thing is, during the entire season, I was one of very few who defended Penner and Stoll all season.
It's so easy for people to look at the offensive stats and claim they are not worth the money.

People have to realize that not every play can put up a point per game while playing on a defense first team. Most of the season was played under TM"s system that did not allow for any offense. I'm willing to bet guys like Stoll and Penner (if he resigns) will be back up close to the 20g mark with the new forechecking system in place.

Stoll at 3.25m is a steal considering the weak market this year. I'm thinking penner gets close to the same amount next week as well.

Lastly, even if they do suck in the regular season, if they play balls out like they did in the playoffs this year then im all for paying them MORE. Post season is where the paychecks are earned, just ask stamkos how all his goals worked out for him on their cup run.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote