View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 09:56 PM
gravey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Thanks for responding.....I learn a lot from the cap posts (seriously) good stuff.

Couple clarifications though:

Richards is 27 now (and 8 months younger than Nash)
--At the time he was traded he was 26 yrs and 4 months old (when dealt)
--Nash turned 28 a week ago so if he was dealt (I really can't believe we are splitting hairs about age like this but whatever.....

In present value the Richards trade would be 1.5 years younger not 3 (that is fudging numbers that are irrelevant anyway over the next 3-4 years)

If Nash went to the Rangers imo with what they have they would be cup favorites....
Only Ovie has scored more goals the last seven years than Nash....okay.

Regarding the picks: The Rangers will be really good so the a "safe bet" is the pick would be really late. The difference between a late first and a late 2nd is neglible. Any pick outside the top 6 or 7 is really a crapshoot anyway.

If you don't want to affect the core, or as Sather would say "dismantle" a little dramatic (lol) then we would need your top prospect imo....And we know who that is.

Sather might want to move forward as is which is okay as well...
Well, here's where you're wrong. Trading Nash for either Kreider or Stepan DOES NOT make the rangers suddenly a favorite to get out of the east.

1. Stepan is our 2nd line center. Our 2nd best puck distributor behind Richards. You trade him in the Nash deal, you have no one to get Nash the puck OR no one to get Gaborik the puck. And if you put Nash and Gabby on a line with Richards then we're back to one scoring line. So, that doesn't work.

2. Kreider was the single most effective forward in the ECF at 20. He was more effective than Schenn after a full year. And he's what? 6 or 7 million dollars cheaper than Nash and 4 or 5 years from his prime. I know that Nash is a better player than Kreider is right now, but I can't justify trading them straight up in the cap era.

Bottom line. And we can talk this out all day. You need to figure out a Nash trade that does not include Stepan and Kreider or you need to tell Nash to approve a trade to another team as I think his list is incredibly narrow.