View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I do agree Eller would have been best suited to have had another year in the AHL. At this point though, it's too late for that.

I do still think there is hope for Eller as more than what he's shown (a solid two way 3rd line center). I think a healthy offseason will give him the chance to have a mini break out and have a good year production wise....
Well he's doubled his point total even while mishandled in two years, it will be interesting to see what he does now. It's easy to forget he's significantly younger than Desharnias and a year younger than Pacioretty. There was a time when people were writing off Pacioretty's offensive upside too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Um, I'm not writing Eller off at all?
Forgive me if I sound defensive, but when I hear people pencil Eller as a career 3rd liner I assume they don't think his offense has much more room to grow.

Really it would be interesting to see DD and Eller play together more. I'd prefer Eller as the C and DD on the winger but even the other way around, I just think they'd compliment each other likely. I just think Desharnais' game translates better to the wing and Eller is a much better neutral zone puck carrier.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote