View Single Post
Old
06-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Mr V

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
The Coyotes management has stated that they are not shopping Yandle. Maloney will listen to offers, but it would have to be one that will improve the Coyotes. Yandle is very important to the team and other teams are trying to trade for him, but none have giving up the neccessary assets to acquire him. And the assets would have to be Coach Tippet type players that are NHL ready. As far as the situation of the Coyotes, Yandle wouldn't have signed that contract last year if it was relevant to him. Maloney has stated that he would listen to any offers for players except for Doan. I also heard about 8 teams asked about Yandle and not one was good enough to make Maloney trade Keith. Maloney just being honest in that any player can be traded if the price is significant enough or as Maloney has stated "I have to go up to the player and tell him that he has been traded and the deal would have to be, when the player hears the return, and says that they can understand why"

these are statements Maloney said at the trade deadline when asked about the availability of Doan and then pressed about other players.
Fair enough. I do take what any GM says with a grain of salt however.