View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50

'LOOCH'ING BACK

Boston, MA.

The defending Stanley Cup Champions are proving that there won't be a 'Cup Hangover' as they've been playing lights out hockey to start the 2011-12 season.

The Boston Bruins are off to their best start since the 2008-09 season, a season in which bought the Presidents Trophy to the team.

The team is firing at all cylinders and all the players are playing collectively as a group of players who play for each other. The Bruins, playing with a target on their backs, aren't intimidated by even the toughest or skilled of teams in the league. The combination of grit, skill and work ethic in this team is giving the city of Boston expectations for a repeat.

"I can tell you one thing about this team before I got here, I hated playing against them," said Jarome Iginla, the team's leading goal scorer with 24 points who was acquired in a trade with the Calgary Flames that sent the team's best all-time player to Boston this offseason.

"When I had to match up against Patrice (Bergeron) and Zdeno (Chara) in my times in Calgary, I knew that this game would be very tough. I am certainly glad to be playing with these two instead of against them!"

"Yeah, we are off to a good start this season and we hope we can continue it that way." said captain Zdeno Chara, who is poised for another Norris Trophy in his trophycase.

GM Kershaw, a longtime Rangers fan and armchair scout added his comments to the team's success:

"Honestly, if you asked me, Greener has been the player carrying the team the past few weeks, defensive liability my ass! Both him and Chara are the perfect defense pair. I still can't believe we added both him and Jarome in one offseason.Of course we have a bunch of great character depth guys like Andrew Ference, Nick Schultz, Dan Paille, Greg Campbell, Dennis Seidenberg, Jason Chimera and skilled guys like Lucic, Horton and Seguin to add depth in our lineup. We were going into this season very disappointed with Tim Thomas's political obssesion, but Tuukka has quickly made us forget about him. It has been a great start to the year."