View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 12:23 AM
jfb392

vCash: 500
As I said, I'll be doing an early ranking for this draft later today.

Since people usually like connections to current prospects, we have a few draft eligibles with connections to Grigorenko.
If he goes back to Québec next season, two of them will likely be his linemates.
Those prospects are: LW Anthony Duclair, RW Adam Erne, and RW Nick Sörensen.

Duclair played on Grigo's left side this season (Patrick Roy's son Frédérick was on the right side) and is a power forward type.
He's a great skater with good puck skills and scoring ability.
He'll probably be compared to Iginla and Kane because he's black and they aren't bad comparisons outside of the fact that they are probably racially driven.
Is he another Esposito and is Grigo his Radulov?
No, I don't think so, but some will say that.

Erne is another power forward and he may end up on Grigo's right side if he goes back to the Remparts.
He basically has the same attributes as Duclair; good speed, puck skills, and scoring ability.

Sörensen is more of a skilled guy and is the other candidate to play on the right side.
He's an import player for the Remparts and a late '94 birth.
Among the '94 group in Sweden, he's one of the top players, along with Filip Forsberg and Sebastian Collberg.
Unfortunately, he tore both his ACL and MCL after this dirty hit:

He'll be good to go for next season, but unfortunately I didn't catch much of him this season and thus cannot describe him very well.
He was considered a first round talent last season, however.

Last edited by jfb392: 06-25-2012 at 03:59 AM.