View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 06:05 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I hear what you are saying. In regards to Enstrom and trades, I usually assume that he's expressed his opinion not to resign with us in these discussions.

Regarding guys like Blum and Ellis, they could be top 4 guys at some point in the future, I was just trying to say that the guys we would get back in an Enstrom trade are most likely not going to be in the top 4 right away so getting a defenseman back in the deal isn't as important as already knowing where you are going to get that defenseman who will be in the top 4 (another trade or UFA).

As for the size vs skill angle, I agree as well. I certainly hope we don't only look to guys with size at the expense of skill.

But I wouldn't put a guy like Watson in the purely size over skill category. He's a guy I would want (and obviously Preds fans do as well), because he looks like the kind of player how might be able to bring both.
Don't get me wrong Huffer, I really like Watson. He works hard, plays with passion and grit, and can still put the puck in the net. Maybe a 2 for 3 swap could workout?

Enstrom + Klingberg + pick (2013 3rd)

for

Wilson + Watson + Blum

There might be some tweaks, but overall I like the deal.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote