View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 06:19 AM
Uncle Jorgi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sina220 View Post
It doesn't matter. The point is if were really sticking to our team philosophy of tough to play against, or our drafting philosophy of always taking bpa, then trouba was an ideal pick. Which is why I've been so critical of Shero and those who act like we always go bpa, and why I've been so critical of a team thats been pushed around 3 years in a row, ever since its management became obsessed with possession dmen and not dmen who make it tough to play in their end.
1) We haven't gotten pushed around the last few years. The reasons we lost had nothing to do with a lack of physicality, it had to do with how poorly we were playing as a team. Hell, a big reason we sucked against Philly is because we were running out of position being TOO physical.

2) Being hard to play against =/= being big and nasty. Being hard to play against means being hard to play against. Having a bigger defense is just as easy to exploit and dominate as having a more positional and more talented defense. Remember the Detroit Red Wings from a few years back? They were incredibly hard to play against, and i don't recall anyone comparing them to the Broad Street Bullies.

3) We do always go bpa, the Pens just obviously don't consult with you or whoever it is that you get your info from before they decide who their bpa is. If we were drafting for organizational need, we wouldn't have taken a defenseman at all. Forward and Goaltender are much bigger needs in both blue chip skill and overall depth.

4) You talk about management being obsessed with "possession" dmen, and yet our recent high rounder defenseman in Despres, Morrow, Harrington, Pouliot and Maata ... they are all very different from one another in a multitude of ways. But since none of them are Derian Hatcher, you lump them together like they're all the same beast.

Uncle Jorgi is offline   Reply With Quote