View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 06:55 AM
defensehockey19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes1 View Post
I think Plymouth makes the most sense, although I thought the same in regards to Watson.

- Vellucci didn't pay the price for Watson at the deadline, and then watched as Watson was playoff MVP.
- Mitch Heard was just drafted in 2nd round, increasing the odds he might stick in the AHL.
- I'm sure the Senators would be happy to see Noesen and Puempel playing together.
- Plymouth has to go for it, will lose Noesen, Meurs, Rackell, Miller, Aleardi, Mahalak, Heard at the end of the year.
- Close to home.

I'd do that deal, assuming those 2nd's would then be used to grab someone such as Brett Ritchie (or another good veteran) who I'm sure Reid will be calling about if/when Niagara falls out of it quickly.

Dempsey gives you another big kid with lots of potential, but the question is, would Reid trade Puempel for a guy that only had 6 points? Tough sell to fans.
I agree. I'd be even more pleased with Vanderwiel instead of Payne but I doubt you get the picks that way.. 2 2nds would deffintely have to be flipped for a vet