View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
I think Navin closes the upcoming season as a top 10-12 prospect for Buffalo. I reserve judgement on JP.
That could be but there is a lot of depth up top so, unless the Sabres graduate a few guys and a couple others drop, I think he has a tall hill to climb to get that high.

The good news is he was regular last year on a young team so there's a chance that he can be a major contributor this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Agreed completely. Love the 7th round high school kid picks.
Maybe but it's worth noting that not many of these guys have turned into contributors yet.

Drafted Generous and Orpik in the 7th. Signed Generous for one year, Orpik never signed and neither are anything more than organizational players. Acquired Tim Kennedy in the 6th and at least got a decent season out of him.

Drafted Biega in the 5th. Nice organizational player.

Eidsness in the 5th and Eno and Drew MacKenzie in the 7th. Eno wasn't signed, Eidsness won't be and it's probably less than 50/50 on MacKenzie.

Fienhage in the 3rd, Jokinen in the 4th, neither organizational contributors.

Mark Adams in the 5th. Quixotic so far and too early to say one way or the other.

Isackson in the 7th. Only played 11 games as a 20 yo freshman on a good team but... every other freshman forward on that Gophers team played 35+ games. Call me skeptical

As mentioned, Navin played a lot on a young team straight out of a Wisconsin high school. Nice start to his career, IMO but we'll see.

My only point about these late round flyers is that they're still 7th rounders and they haven't exactly contributed to the organization so far.

Ruckus007 is offline   Reply With Quote