View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 08:54 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
The Kessel trade will be debated for decades. At this point, Seguin and Hamilton are nowhere near the caliber of player as Phil Kessel. Burke has made some head scratching decisions, sure, and I am by no means a fan of any former Duck. But let's try to keep some perspective when vilifying Burke and praising Deano.
You sure about that? I'd honestly almost have Seguin at this point over Kessel. Kid led the Bruins in scoring and looks like he's gonna be a really good two-way forward. Reminds me alot of Kopitar in his hockey sense. Kessel scores goals, and not much else other than that. If I'm the Bruins I take Seguin, Knight, and Hamilton and walk away laughing...

I think Burke has been decent in Toronto, but he clearly isn't the savior that a lot of the Canadian media made him out to be. In fact the argument could be made that he isn't really a great GM. I mean yeah he brought in the Sedins, and Kesler while in Vancouver but that team still hasn't won anything despite the stacked roster they've had. He walked into a great situation in Anaheim and really had to make small moves to put the _ucks over the top. Toronto is really in the exact same position they were in before Burke, and there's no sign of it improving anytime soon. Toronto to me needs to figure out what the plan is, they aren't rebuilding, but they aren't making moves to really improve their current roster and core either. They are jsut kind of hanging out in limbo while trading picks for players that aren't an improvement on what they have. Most have been lateral moves at best...

Your points regarding Dean are very valid though and I agree with that.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote