DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I thought it was curious this morning that bill meltzer said the following

And

Bill always strikes me as the conservative and safe type of guy who will always rationalize against a big move like this. He's usually the type to post an article about why the flyers shouldn't/wont make a move for a big name guy.

OBVIOUSLY I'm reaching here, but could Bill have some knowledge that we are indeed trying to get a trade done for ryan? It almost seems like he's expecting it, if you've ever read any of bills articles regarding potential trades before.
I think it is pretty clear that the two teams are trying to work something out. Where there's smoke there's fire. That doesn't mean something WILL get done, but it has been well reported that the Flyers have attempted to get him for the past couple years at the draft and Ryan has requested a trade (preferably to PHI ) and Homer has made a lot of vague statements about "improving" the team. Based on the circumstantial evidence, I'd put money on the fact they're working on something. Again, I don't know if anything will materialize, but it sounds like something is cooking.