View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 11:12 AM
mahonistan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I highly disagree with just about every sentence here. On no planet is Del Zotto a more valuable player than Ryan.

Ryan is not perfect, but he is a top 15 wing in this league and scores 30-35 goals in each of his first four NHL seasons without 1st unit PP time. On this team, he would be a 35-40 goal scorer. Del Zotto is a second pairing defenseman who, despite his 40 points last season, was not a major factor offensively at all. He will no doubt get better, but he's not going to be a first pairing defenseman, and he's not a great offensive or defensive player. He has yet to show that he can be effective doing both at the same time. Ryan is one of the most dangerous goalscorers in the league, and at only 25, can still become more of the power forward a man with his size should be.
Well in 15 years, if I'm right, you can buy me a steak. If you are, I'll buy you a steak. But just for future reference since I know I am right, I like the Dry Aged Côte de Boeuf from Minetta Tavern all to myself. Medium rare with mashed potatoes.