View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 10:25 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatar View Post
Looking back at the Draft, overall the Wings did fairly good, especially since we didn't have a first round pick. If I were Kenny and the boys, I would have picked:

2nd: Martin Frk - Great pick, and what could be another Detroit second round gem
3rd: Daniil Zharkov - Yeah he has the "russian factor" about him but, he plays in the OHL on a somewhat weak Bulls team, and put up 23 goals in only 50 games compared to Gaunce's 28 in 68. He's 6'3 and was part of the CHL top prospect team
4th: Calle Anderson - Will likey get some exposure for Farjestad in the SEL this year, he's 6'2 212lbs, Eliteprospects says "Passing game is strong and so is his positioning. Not overly flashy, but plays with authority and smarts", remind you of someone? Also a right handed shot
5th: Linus Ullmark - At 18 already played in the SEL for MODO, he stands an imposing 6'3 and could be a diamond in the rough as was Lundqvist
6th: Max Gortz - 6'2 at 19 years old and has 18 games played and 5 points in the SEL. He is very defensive minded and in your face. Right handed shot as well
7th: Christian Djoos - Just as Kenny and the crew do, I like picking raw prospects late, Djoos is just that, a offensive defensemen who will have some exposure to the SEL this year with Brynas. He had 3 points in 6 games in the 2012 WJC for Sweden. He's 5'11 and 148, but has plenty of time to get up to 170-180 where he could be a John-Michael Liles type defensemen

I understand that switching the picks would have changed the latter part of the draft, but I like playing pretend, and above is what I would have drafted.
I really like the picks especially the Zharkov one, he was my favorite player in the draft & I think he'll end up being a top 5/10 offensive guy from this draft in 7 years. Though apparently the wings had Patterson ranked close to the first round, so I'm hoping had Patterson not been there that they would have taken Zharkov.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote