View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 10:26 AM
PavelBure9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I highly disagree with just about every sentence here. On no planet is Del Zotto a more valuable player than Ryan.

Ryan is not perfect, but he is a top 15 wing in this league and scores 30-35 goals in each of his first four NHL seasons without 1st unit PP time. On this team, he would be a 35-40 goal scorer. Del Zotto is a second pairing defenseman who, despite his 40 points last season, was not a major factor offensively at all. He will no doubt get better, but he's not going to be a first pairing defenseman, and he's not a great offensive or defensive player. He has yet to show that he can be effective doing both at the same time. Ryan is one of the most dangerous goalscorers in the league, and at only 25, can still become more of the power forward a man with his size should be.
I think both of you have legitimate arguments but if we are talking about Anaheim, they have a player exactly like Michael Del Zotto in Cam Fowler who is a year younger. The player that would get us a straight swap for Ryan would be Marc Staal because that is something that the Ducks do not currently possess. It would be tough to trade Staal considering he is one of the backbones to our defense. However, Staal would get us Ryan I think straight up and we would still have McDonugh, Del Zotto, and Erixon on the left side for the next 10 years barring any injurys or trades. I am no way advocating to trade Staal but if we need offense, maybe Bobby Ryan is the answer. The only way I would even consider doing this trade is if we are able to get Schultz and our defense would look like this:

McD-Girardi
MDZ-Schultz
Erixon-Sauer (free agent veteran)
Stralman?

Then again our offense would look like

Ryan-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Hagelin
Rupp-Boyle-?

If we get an adequete filler on the third and fourth lines, such as say a Radek Dvorak on the third line and someone from Hartford, maybe Wellman, this team could do some damage.

Last edited by PavelBure9: 06-25-2012 at 10:33 AM.