Thread: Confirmed with Link: Habs select Charles Hudon - 122nd overall
View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 10:39 AM
NotProkofievian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
It will be interesting to see what Bergevin's philosophy of helping these kids along does for their development. As good as Timmins is I feel like the main strategy under Gainey/Gauthier was to send them off to NCAA programs and forget they exist.

I didn't know what to think of all the development hiring before but now that the draft is over I'm excited, seeing personal commitment for draftees instead of just hoping for the best is something different from what I'm used to with this organization. I loved how they said Rockstrom would personally check in on the new Swedish prospects, all the guys we picked have fixable flaws (mainly strength and skating in a few situations) and personal attention just might be the difference maker.
I agree. I'm very glad that the approach of "throw all your eggs against the wall, and keep the ones that don't break" seems to have been weeded out as an organizational approach.

Very few players are zero maintenance: if you're not prepared to give a little to develop players who might need some help, you'll miss out on some great talent.