Thread: John Moore
View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Xoggz22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
I haven't seen a recent topic on him. Sorry if there is.

I was just wondering how he is progressing. Hi stats aren't impressive at all so I'm looking for details from people who see him play regularly.

What do you expect from him next season?

thanks for the info.
For me, it was a tail of two seasons for Moore. He wasn't expected to be on the roster but once on it, he ended up playing the most games out of anyone on our defense. The first 1/3 of the season he was clearly being protected as much as possible. He played well and I thought was better than expected. Nothing flashy but I didn't feel there were glaring coverage mistakes or ill timed jumps, etc. The second 1/3 of the season I thought he started to blossom. Took more aggressive positions in the offense and began to play more minutes. Seemed like he was blossoming into a likely top 4 guy quicker than expected. The last 1/3 of the season he is hard to explain. I felt like he started to demand the puck more. Was much more aggressive in his play and even started to take the body (albeit slightly it was more, in my opinion, than previously seen). Unfortunately he seemed to be out of position more often and start to have lapses in all zones.

Overall, I was pretty pleased with his season. He needs to add strength to endure a full season but he showed his skating ability and help in all three zones. His decision making improved overall and I really like the fact he started to jump into the play and demand the puck. I think he has a very bright future and with a taste of the NHL my hope is that he learns a NHL off season training program to help him going forward. He has a bright future.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote