Old
06-25-2012, 10:57 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatar View Post
Any idea why? I can't find anything on the kid
He became a favorite of Osgood. Kid has grown two inches and is explosive at taking away the bottom of the net. It was probably a big help that he really lit up the combine in some of the athleticism tests. Not a big fan of taking a goalie that early, but Ozzie clearly likes the kid and if there is one thing all the good goalies in the league I can think of right now is that they really take away the bottom of the net.

It sounds like Paterson has put this together and that he never gives up on anything. So he is a high motor goalie that takes away the bottom of the net. The fact he kept his athleticism and actually improved seeming to put things together at the midpoint of the season while growing 2" during the year probably helps them trust the light bulb theory. He got bigger and lost none of his lateral movements and improved his push and became that much harder to beat low. That is just what I gathered from watching a couple of his games online and what I have read, but it certainly could have been worse.

Agree with taking Zharkov in your redo. I was also very interested in Chandler Stephenson of Regina. He a lot like the AA pick to me is a sneaky sleeper because of his elite speed.

*Funny note on Chandler Stephenson he is Joey Kocur's cousin.

Kocur and not Stephenson is also cousins with Wendel Clark and Barry Melrose which I didn't know at all. But some good hockey genes floating all over that family.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 06-25-2012 at 11:02 AM.
The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote