View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
It's probably because he isn't Swedish. Sens fans on hfboards tend to get a little too excited over Swedish players. We saw this happen last year when many posters suggested that Rundblad was a better prospect than Cowen and that he had a better chance of making the team. IMO there is a similar thing going on this year with Silfverberg; he is going to be an excellent player for the sens, but I am not convinced that he is our number 1 prospect.

At this point, I would say that our six top prospects (in no particular order) are Stone, Lehner, Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Noesen and Ceci.

I wouldn't rank Zibanejad as our number 1 prospect at this point because he is still too raw to allow any real indication of his top end potential. I think I would have to see him develop a bit more in order to determine if he really has elite first line potential or just elite second line potential.

Lehner is an interesting option because he was the MVP of the Calder cup championships. The rarity of truly elite number 1 goalies has to increase his value.

I think I will have to wait to see how Silfverberg adapts to the North American ice before I can evaluate if he is our top prospect. He looked okay in the playoffs, other than in the third period of game 7 where he started to make an impact. It will be interesting to see how he performs with less time and space.
To be fair Rundblad was coming off a historical season in the SEL, but was expected by most to be a project (I thought he could adapt a bit faster, but I still think he's going to be ridiculously good.)

Stone isn't rated as highly as Silfverberg for good reason -- results. Stone has been good in junior while Silfverberg was absolutely tearing up a professional league for adults. There's a big difference there.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote