Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jets select Scott Kosmachuk (70th overall)
View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 12:56 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Yup. Nice characteristics to add as they are lacking a bit at the moment. But they will need to continue to add skill too in the draft.

Can't all be the same type of player. Physical, hard-working, gritty grinder type player.
I am sure they will add skill Bob E when they get their shot.

I was a bit surprised when Chevy was asked about Trouba he said:

On where Trouba ranked on the list:

“We didn’t get to the ninth guy, but he was well up on our list. As it started to unfold and get closer and closer to our pick, we started to get an air of excitement that there was the possibility that he would fall into our lap.”

I would love to see their list.............who of this group did they have ranked above him?

IMHO Nail (yes), Murray (yes), Galchenyuk (probably)

but then Reinhart (possibly), Reilly (?), Lindholm (?), Dumba (?), Pouliot (x)

I assume from Kevin's response “well up on our list” must mean at least 5th no? Either way they did sound very pumped he fell into their lap. Bob I say this because by Chevy's answer they were not adverse to going after skill over size and grit with their first pick. if Trouba was "well up" on our list we did value some smaller skill guys more. I do like our first three picks and the grit and character of each......they could possibly be great pieces in the future and fit nicely with the Scheifele's, Burmi's, and Telegin's of our prospect group. The blended portfolio approach

High character seems to be huge for TNSE and I for one love the priority. team chemistry is very under rated IMHO.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote