Thread: Proposal: Toronto-Nashville
View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 01:15 PM
SH15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Frattin will probably be a 4th liner, with his ceiling as a 3rd liner. Those players are dime a dozen, I don't see how you could make the argument that Frattin is more valuable than Wilson who has the potential to be a top 6 player, even if he does have more boom or bust potential as well.

To try to put it in perspective for you, you'd rather keep Frattin over Kadri? Because right now Kadri hasn't done much at all, and i'd much rather have Wilson over Kadri.
Frattin is near guaranteed (nothing is ever 100%) to be a solid, well rounded, dependable NHL player who has offensive talent but will never wow with 80 point seasons.

What good is Wilson if he doesn't develop into the goal scoring power forward he's been projected as? No good...he'd be useless since he certainly doesn't know the defensive side of the puck.

So then you ask yourself, will Wilson develop into the player we all at one time thought he would be? From what I've seen my answer right now is no and that's why I wouldn't trade Frattin for Wilson.

I know I'm one man on an island with that projection but it's how I see it! 3 years from now I see Frattin as a 3rd liner who does everything well. The type of player everyone wants on their team. While Wilson will be on his 2nd team still struggling to produce at a high level. Can I be wrong? Of course. But at this point that's my projected path of these 2 players. Nashville fans of course disagree.

SH15 is offline   Reply With Quote