View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Perro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
well the leafs organization didn't expect the team to finish 2nd to last in 2009 lol

Was at vegas yesterday and spoke to a few leafs fans. They said the only reason they didn't make the playoffs was because of the coaching change. They like Caryle but he transformed their entire style of play. Can anyone confirm this? I didn't get the opportunity to watch a lot of Leafs games this year.
Most leaf fans I talk to more so blame the fact their tenders could not stop a puck.
I like aggresive GM's, they make things interesting. Look at Holmgran in Philley he is constantly moving big pieces to get big pieces. I do not think that RIchards and Carter would have won the flyers the cup this year (they were our second line, where as they were their first line), so trading them for more depth was a hard but smart move. Sherro in Pittsburgh pulled off two trades at the draft that freed up some cap space and added depth to their prospect pool. It is believed that thye will now go hard at Sutter. These two show how it can be done right.
I believe the rask for Raycroft deal was pre-burke so I don't think we can blame him for that.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote