View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipShow View Post
Diehard Whalers and Avs fan here. I go to almost every Plymouth Whalers and I have consistently watched Mitchell Heard for the past few seasons with the Whalers. Here is my two cents on Heard:

Just to clarify Heard is 6'2" 190. He put on quite some size over the last few years and he has taken full advantage.

Heard is a solid skater with pretty good hands. He is an extremely competitive and plays big in big moments. He is a pretty fearless player and will get into the dirty areas to score. He is also pretty fearless when it comes to fighting, Heard fought some much bigger players and held is own every time. I wouldn't say he is a natural fighter but he throws a lot of punches and has won more fights then he lost. What I like about his fighting this year was the fact that he never used to fight. This year he wanted to get noticed and get drafted so he played tougher and did what took to get drafted.

Heard strengths: Heard is a very good at face offs he was voted as the Western Conference at best at face offs. Something that I haven't really seen talked about Heard is his shot. He has a very good wrist shot and he can bury the puck well. He played the point a lot on the power play this year because of it. One thing I like about Heard is that he does whatever the teams needs him for. I have watched Heard go from more of a finesse forward to an all around player that every team loves to have.

I would say that Heard could get a little better with his skating and he could get better at his board play down low. Heard also sometimes try to make the big play and coughs up the puck but all of this can easily be refined.

I would say Heard projects as our 3rd line center or 4th line Center. He has a very good chance to be in the NHL in a year or two. I don't know what they plan on doing with Heard but he could use his overage year in Plymouth and a year in the AHL IMO.
Thanks for the info.

Sounds like he could be the Avs 3rd line center in a year or two when/if Stastny is let go. What would you say is stronger, his offensive game, or defensive game?

Also, I'm assuming not since he was such a good faceoff man, but did Heard play any shifts or games at wing, and if so how did he look?

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote