View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Original Rob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Once again, they are basing the A- grade, on the inclusion of Visnovsky. Visnovsky has NOTHING to do with a draft grade. Typically total garbage from ESPN, who knows less about hockey than Charles Wang. Anyone who has any in depth knowledge of the players available in the draft, and the players left on the board by the Islanders, does not give our draft an A-. I love the Reinhart pick, the Pelech pick, and to a certain degree, I like the Pokka pick (though better and higher rated D-men were available, Finn and Thrower). Anything after Pokka was a mixed bag. I've seen Graham rated anywhere from 65 (ISS) to 180. I won't even mention picks 4 and 5, I've attacked those picks ad nauseum.
You do realize that every once in a while, an 18-year old ranked #136 may have a better NHL career than a guy ranked #78 on the final rankings, right? Why hire a scouting staff if you should just look at the ISS and CS rankings and draft in a sequential order?

Not that I have much faith in the Isles' ability to identify or groom top players, but your whole argument is based on where these players were ranked on some list that, with the benefit of hindsight 5 years from now, will be completely irrelevant.

Original Rob is offline   Reply With Quote