View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Point totals are often more about player usage than talent.

Unless he has a massive breakout season he won't get much above 30 ES points. That requires he has line-mates with some decent offensive skill (not even strong ones like Cole/Pacioretty just top nine guys with offense). With a little production from the penalty kill I'd say his offensive ceiling is like 30-35 non power play points.

If he gets decent powerplay time I could see 40. A lot of power play time we could go into the higher 40s to 50 but given his position in the offensive foward depth chart I doubt that happens unless there are major long-term injuries.

I believe strongly in his talent and he's one of the team's better two-way players but I doubt the team puts him in a positon to put up some gaudy offensive numbers. His value will be shown by the penalty kill and defensive situation minutes he eats, probably with a weak supporting cast like last year. He deserves a lot more respect for this, he was a monster on the penalty kill last season and pretty good in shutdown roles when he had wingers like Moen and Kostitsyn backing him up rather than AHLers like Geoffrion and Blunden. He spent long stretches of the back half of last year as the only decent player on the ice during his shifts for Montreal.

But who knows. If Desharnais goes down with an injury maybe Eller takes his role an goes on to a 50+ point year between a pair of 1st line talents. It happened to Henrique this last year.

Last edited by Talks to Goalposts: 06-25-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote