View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 02:36 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
He became a favorite of Osgood. Kid has grown two inches and is explosive at taking away the bottom of the net. It was probably a big help that he really lit up the combine in some of the athleticism tests. Not a big fan of taking a goalie that early, but Ozzie clearly likes the kid and if there is one thing all the good goalies in the league I can think of right now is that they really take away the bottom of the net.

It sounds like Paterson has put this together and that he never gives up on anything. So he is a high motor goalie that takes away the bottom of the net. The fact he kept his athleticism and actually improved seeming to put things together at the midpoint of the season while growing 2" during the year probably helps them trust the light bulb theory. He got bigger and lost none of his lateral movements and improved his push and became that much harder to beat low. That is just what I gathered from watching a couple of his games online and what I have read, but it certainly could have been worse.
I'd have really liked Zharkov there but Paterson has grown on me, anyways redwingscentral did a write up about Paterson. It made me reconsider my position on him & I don't really mind the pick now especially if he continues his play from the last half of the season into next year.

It's crazy to think that if Mrazek does well in GR, Paterson continues his improved play in the OHL, & McCollum rebounds ever so slightly we could have gone from horrible to average/Above Average goalie prospect pool in one off season.

Last edited by DatsyukToZetterberg: 06-25-2012 at 05:25 PM.
DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote