View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 04:17 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I got that based on your money comment. If most players use the money argument, anybody who has a clear shot at their top league, will stay in their country. Just that. I did clarify towards the end of my post that what you were INDEED saying is that since he had already had a sniff, it has to mean more than just players who never played there and have a good chance at doing it. And if by having a sniff at it and being liked by his coaches and co means that it's not about having a good chance at making it, it's almost a guaranteed spot, well I say, of course he'll stay. Which again, players like Maatta, Yakupov or whoever didn't have the chance in having. Also towards the end of my post.

In the end, I agree with what you're saying.
Well in terms of money, most of the kids that come over via the import draft are more in the 16/17/18 year olds, so for a lot of them, they wouldn't have been playing in the elite leagues so the money thing wouldn't really come up. Perhaps if they thought if they stayed they could get a spot but I was talking more about since he's 19 and that in it's is more rare so always better to look at it as a case by case basis.