View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 05:23 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
Well first of all, we don't know if Yzerman was getting any good offers for the 10th.

Secondly, we also don't know who other teams are planning on picking. Koekkoek might not have been highly ranked on most outsider's scouting reports, but other teams might have had him as highly rated as Tampa did(plenty of teams went off the board for their picks). He was obviously the team's #1 choice of the remaining players, so why risk not being able to pick him either by trading down?

How many interviews have any of us had with any prospects? How many of their games have we been to and scouted them?

We can all pick who we think would be good prospects, but when it comes down to it we know absolutely nothing compared to a NHL team's scouts. Second guessing their choices before any of these kids have even played a single pro game is kind of foolish.
http://www2.tbo.com/sports/lightning...cks-ar-419515/
Quote:
"He was absolutely the best player available on our list,'' Murray said. "We think Slater Koekkoek, the only reason he might have fallen on some lists or some may not have been as aware of him as possible was because the injury this year. But he has a real track record....And my understanding there were several teams trying to trade up in the early teens to select him. I can't say that I was a surprise that he was there, but we were very happy he was there.''