Thread: News Article: Ryan hopes to be traded to Flyers
View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 04:42 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Yep, thats way too much. Read can play center too. He might not be a 2nd line center now, but he could become on in the next two to three years. 24 goal scorer, 47 point player. That pretty damn good production out of a rookie. Mez can be a 30-40 point producing 3-4 defenseman. I would give a 2nd rounder(I know people hate that, but the probabilities are low they even make an impact on the NHL)

Read, Mez, +2nd. People are going to say this is a bad offer, but it really isn't. They would be getting two players who can eclipse Ryans points, and fill two hole for one player. Anaheim needs a top 4 defender big time, especially with the trade of Lubo.

This deal of course would not occur until free agency I feel. We would need to see if we can get a defender who could possibly replace Mez(Schultz, Suter[longshot], or other).

Anything is possible, but if the Ducks keep up that ransom for him, it won't be done. It will even hurt more if Ryan demands a trade when him and urray talk about what was said over the weekend. They will get a package close to Richards and Carter, not a kings ransom.
Id even do the first if thats what it took. That is more than Fair.

As it stands our D would look like this without Mesz

Timonen - Coburn
Carle - Schenn
Grossman - Lilja / Gus / Bourdon

We could go the cheaper route via FA and sign Rosival. A cheap veteran stay at home dman with a right handed shot seems like a good fit here.