View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 05:30 PM
ScaredStreit

vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
My definition above accounted for Daigle. I was ironically thinking exactly of him as I wrote it.

As for the rest of your post, what you mean is the Isles haven't gotten gamechangers yet in their drafts except for the gimme.

Sorry, but not a guy in the business is gonna call Bailey a 'bust'.

At the most, they'll say that some might have hoped for or expectd more from him.

What most will say is, the Isles didn't nurture him properly and are now living through the consequences of that. Sadly, it clearly looks like Niederreiter is being handled in the same manner. Still, SHOCKING that Niederreiter - despite an extra season of juniors after having been drafted - had a season that failed miserably in comparison to Bailey's rookie year.

Dunno where you felt the need to throw in the thought of whether anyone felt Bailey > Eberle?

At the moment, Eberle, Doughty and Pietrangelo are pretty much the three best players from that draft.
The isles invested a lot in bailey. They traded down to draft him and when they did even he was shocked that he went so high (if my memory serves me correctly). He and nino hve absolutely been handled incorrectly...but being mishandled doesn't protect someone from being a "bust". If bailey doesn't improve and continues to be a 3rd line calibre center drafted 9th overall after the isles traded down twice to get him....then yes I think that would make him a "bust".

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote