View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Maybe he'd sign for less. Still surprising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Thats what I'm thinking too. It doesn't make sense for us to let him walk and I feel Mueller want to do a deal somewhat like Duchene and take less and earn his next contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
I'm pretty sure the Avs can still negotiate with him until July 1st.

Even then, he's only played 32 games in two seasons and is one hit away from retirement. It's understandable why the Avs wouldn't want him at 2.5M and IMO, are likely trying to negotiate for less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitch View Post
I have a feeling this is just like the Latendresse situation in Minnesota. Minnesota wants to keep Latendresse, but just not at his 2.5M QO (at least I think thats what Latendresse's QO is at), so they did not qualify him and are going to try to work out a deal for less money.

At 32 games over the past two seasons, I can't blame the Avs for not wanting to commit 2.5M to Mueller. I'm pretty confident that they will bring Mueller back at around 1.5-1.75M on a one year contract to let him prove hes healthy and back to performing.
The guy have some serious concussion history and didnt play much the last few seasons . The Avs have put so much time and energie for Mueller to get better that it would be silly to just let him go like that . My guess is the same as some of the posters above , i'm guessing that they want to keep him , but for less money.
If it's not the case and they dont want him anymore , they better have a rock solid plan B coz injuries or not , without Mueller we have some serious lack of skills on the wings.

Frenchy is online now   Reply With Quote