View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 08:46 PM
GoLeafsGo96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Thanks for the info.

Sounds like he could be the Avs 3rd line center in a year or two when/if Stastny is let go. What would you say is stronger, his offensive game, or defensive game?

Also, I'm assuming not since he was such a good faceoff man, but did Heard play any shifts or games at wing, and if so how did he look?
Big Plymouth fan myself. Reason being the fact that Heard lives across the street from me (In Bowmanville, not Plymouth), and is a close friend of mine.

He's played a little on the wing, and played fine. However, he's a natural center, and consistently would likely player better if he stayed there. Not to mention his FO ability.

Here's the thing with Mitch. He used to be a forward all about offense. He was counted on to provide top line offense all throughout minor hockey, and in Jr. A. (As a 17 year old he was sent back to Jr. A, about Novemberish).

The last two years he's changed his game to suit his team's needs. He's become a two way forward, who plays the game well defensively. He still has offensive instincts though, and was a regular on the first PP unit for Plymouth this year. To go along with all that, he's become an in-your-face forward. He chirps, fights, agitates, and more. I'd say he translates to the NHL as a third line C, defensively aware, but he's still got some offensive jump in his game. (I like the Stoll comparison to be honest).

* Also, I can confirm the other Plymouth fan's report that Mitch is now 6'2, and not 6'0. He's about 190 as well. Likely to bulk up even more in the summer.

GoLeafsGo96 is offline   Reply With Quote