View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Kush

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Very different players. On top of this there's still no guarantee that Cowen will be viewed as the better player 5 years down the line -- Rundblad is going to have a bit of a steep learning curve in the NHL because of his style of play. Silfverberg is a bit different because he is already someone that is a bit more of a gritty player (not physical though.) Even in the NHL games that he was in for you could see flashes of what made him the best player outside of the NHL last year.

Stone was OK in his call up, but aside from the pass that Spezza scored on he wasn't really noticeable. But as was said...it's not even about who will do better this year; it's about who will ultimately be better. My bet is on Silfverberg.
DAT pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I don't see anyway that Rundblad ever becomes a better player than Cowen. Rundblad may have better offensive skills and creativity than Cowen but he can barely play defence.

I would argue that Stone's offence IQ, positioning and ability to have the versatility to play Sniper, playmaker or power forward makes him the superior prospect to Silfverberg.
I agree. Cowen will be a stud for us in the very near future. Yes he made mistakes, as most rookies do, but the man was a beast in the playoffs.

Oh, and Silfverberg gets the nod as most NHL ready prospect.

Last edited by Kush: 06-25-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: forgot silf
Kush is offline   Reply With Quote