View Single Post
Old
06-25-2012, 10:34 PM
sonnEbunny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Kind of silly to compare Luke Adam and Mikhail Grigorenko. One was a second round pick with terrible skating while the other is an elite prospect who was #4 in the ISS rankings and is viewed as a future franchise center.

Grigorenko wants to play in the NHL. Kevin Devine says he is NHL ready. Grigorenko was a top 3 prospect virtually all season and fell at the end due to mono and stupid myths (age myth and Russian flight factor myth). Teams who take big chances are ones who win the cup. We need a big center next season, Grigorenko is 6'3 and still may grow a little.

I don't think Grigorenko is the type who will get "ruined" if he plays as an 18 year old. I just think he is far too talented to not make the team, there are NOT 12 forwards better then him in the system. I don't want a Matt Ellis taking away minutes from Grigorenko. We are better off having him up with us then having him play in juniors, he already had a dominant season and has proven he can tear up the Q, let him play with the big club and have him learn from a Vanek or Pominville.

I guess we will see how he performs in the camps, I just do not hope it is a situation where no matter how he does in camp that he is going to be sent back down no matter what to aid his "development". At the very least he needs to get the 9 game tryout, there is no reason to not give him that at least.
You literally said everything I wanted to say. He seriously is too good for the Q what is it that you guys want to do while he is there? Get stronger ya that's certainly possible but when you are that dominate you don't progress at the rate you could when you are playing with inferior competition.

sonnEbunny is offline   Reply With Quote