View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Let see how much Plekanec and DD produce offensively next year. Personnaly i predict 80 points fro DD and 45 for Plekanec with anither excellent -15 for him as well. In my opinion Eller as already proved he can be a solid third line center, so PLekanec is becoming expandable. NO way the Habs keep Plekanec and trade Desharnais. Remember the Cunneyworth saga, this would be 2 time more controversial. Its the beginning of the end for the ''girlie''!!!
I'm honestly not sure if this is a serious post. I apologize if I missed the joke. Desharnais' 80 points exists only in your imagination, whereas Plekanec's 50 to 70 points exists in the record books over multiple NHL seasons.

As far as comparisons, the only center we have who's actually proven anything is Plekanec. Year after year, he plays a strong two-way game, is the first one breaking out of his zone and the first one back, and consistently produces points. Eller is developing -- he hasn't proven anything yet. Desharnais had a strong season in a much narrower role -- one season represents a good start, but doesn't prove anything. I'd love Eller and Desharnais to magically become 80-point players; I'd love Galchenyuk to jump to the NHL and immediately become a star. But right now, based on reality -- not imagination -- Plekanec is by far our best center.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote