View Single Post
Old
04-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Let us say you are correct. What would be the point of landing such a trivial inconsequential level of contact if intentional? What are you suggesting he was trying to do while being spun around? If somebody means to kick a guy they kick him, just like Boris M on Bergman in 72.

What you are saying Bolland did makes no sense on any level.

PS: all things considered, the cross check by Angelidis was a much more violent act that really started things. Any skate contact with Angelidis was literally nothing. Angelidis has just moved into the Claude Lemieux/Matthew Barnaby class of shameless opportunists profiting from his own chippy play. Come to think of it he did a pretty good dive in last nights game.
What was the point? Revenge? Getting out a little steam? What's the point of any cheapshot that gets thrown on the ice? You're suggesting that Bolland is suddenly superior to the rest of the league in that he doesn't need to throw cheapshots. Every player gets pissed, every player throws cheapshots here and there. I've already said that Bolland is a great player and for the most part a very clean one. But it happens to everyone.

I certainly won't hold it against him in the future. But the fact remains he kicked him, the league agrees, time to deal with it.

Your argument about the Angelidis crosscheck is a just one, though. I've always thought that the act that brought retaliation should be taken into account. It doesn't make it right for Bolland to kick him or for anyone to retaliate in any fashion, but at least consider what made the player do such a thing.