View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 11:46 AM
JanErixon20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Doubtful. Bourque needs more seasoning. Needs to find a way to get stronger if he's going to have a future in the NHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrapesOfMcIlrath View Post
Bourque had a horrible season in the AHL from what I understand. He's a small, high energy guy that could top out as a 3rd liner. I think of him as a smaller, slightly slower version of Hagelin, with less offense. I don't think he's anywhere close to being able to play in the NHL. Even if he was, he's not the kind of guy you would plug in for Prust.

I wouldn't mind letting Newbury and Rupp platoon for that 12/13 F spot personally. Konopka will probably come cheap as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Bourque is not ready. The player who I think MAY be ready is Andrew Yogan but the Rangers may feel he has more potential than that and want him to get regular minutes in Hartford in a top-6 role to develop him properly.

Dale Weise would have been the player to replace him.
OK, thanks. I thought Bourque looked good last Fall in the TC tournament. Was hoping he could make a jump this season. Oh well.

And if Newbury makes the team....ugh. One guy I liked two season ago when he was called up, was that guy Kolarik. Not sure if he's still in the organization though.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote