View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 12:39 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

vCash: 500
Määttä did get a bit unlucky with the team that picked him, true. The Pens are not exactly raring to bring up young D-men. That being said, I wonder what Määttä's planned career move is for the next season. Does he intend to stay across the pond or maybe return home?

Like I already said concerning Armia, some solid SM-liiga play and a WHC invite might also do wonders to any olympic hopes even if he has destination AHL for the following season.

Salomäki is someone I doubt will have no chance at all. He'd be bottom-six, and would have to beat a ton of more seasoned guys to make it, and not the age-old kind either. Komarov, Hartikainen, Lajunen, Petrell - just to name a few. Several more in Europe.

While our d-man crop is thin, I'd say we still have a fair shot at icing an unit that doesn't look half bad - though there isn't too much room for injuries or other sidelines.

Vatanen
Timonen
Pitkänen
Niskala
Lydman
Väänänen
Järvinen

is the optimal situation. But beyond them, there's not much wiggling room. One stay-at-home D might be replaced with the likes of Kukkonen, Jaakola or Laakso - and for puck-movers, well... there's Lepistö. And Salmela. Suddenly Määttä doesn't appear such a bad idea after all if any of the top-four gets sidelined.

Last edited by FiLe: 06-26-2012 at 12:54 PM.