View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 12:45 PM
HTT3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
if by moving filppula you bring in a young player regarded to be as good as filppula plus the 8th overall pick plus a top dmen prospect plus with the extra cap space it allows you to retain sidney crosby, malkin and letang then i would say Holland was a genius and I 100% guarntee you would say the exact same bloody thing.
Good point. Players like Filppula are high quality unique players that 30 teams are gushing to have and give anything and everything to have.

2nd overall 23 year old 6'4, 220ibs hard-nose gritty defensive forwards that can score HUGE goals are a dime a dozen, and can be acquired easily.

If I'm Shero, I keep Staal til trade deadline for more time to try re-sign him. The guy is a monster and the return Shero got for him is a downgrade to the team as whole.

To put in perspective, it'd be like Holland trading Zetterberg before he became a FA for Malhotra and two prospects because he rejected an contract offer. Holland would glamour Zetterberg and wine and dine him till he got him inked. Patience is key.

Shero couldn't even hold Holland's jock strap.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote