View Single Post
Old
04-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Pred303

vCash: 500
another trip story...

lots of people are talking about finley and his role in the organization on other threads right now.. some are even saying finley should be backing up mason down the stretch here

let me tell a story about finley we heard on our trip... from someone that i won't tell you who told it to us

when finley was first called up to the preds for a game three years ago... they immediately knew he was nowhere near ready to play up here..

when a new goalie is called up for a game, the preds goalie coach Mitch Korn, stands next to him on the bench his first few games and questions the new kid about things.. like how would you have handled that play, trying to get him to identify where the danger spots are while a play develops in front of the goalie, etc. .. a running commentary with the new kid to help him learn and prepare him to be ready to be an NHL goalie

however, back then the preds had a player named drake berehowsky... who had a girlfriend named Mindy Mcready.. the country music singer... who i have to admit was exceptionally easy on the eyes

Mindy had a seat next to the pred bench right next to the glass back then... the story goes, that finley couldn't take his eyes off her his entire first game up, and that mitch korn threw up his hands because everytime he went to ask finley a question about the game, finley was ogling mindy and not paying attention...

right then and there they decided maybe he wasn't ready for the big time yet.. and some don't think his stock has ever quite recovered

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote