View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
If the above happens, could Tallon be a strong candidate to land Hammer? Panthers are in need of a new defensive d-man since Garrison is going to leave, and I don't really see any of the UFA options being any better than Hammer. Plus there's already a history between him and Campbell.

If you indeed end up signing Suter, Montador gets sent to the AHL or traded, that would leave a 3rd pairing spot open (unless you have a kid in the system that can make the jump?). I could see Tallon being interested in Ellerby (+ a pick maybe) for Hammer. He's a pending RFA with a QO of $826,875 and still 3 RFA years left in him.

He fell to Dineen's doghouse because of Guds improved play towards the end of the season, but he was playing ok for the 3rd pair (Ellerby should have actually got minutes instead of Jovo who was terrible for most of the season, but Jovo's mentor role for Guds places him ahead in the hierarchy than Ellerby). He has showed flashes of capability for a two-way d-man, but IMO he's ceiling will be strictly a defensive d-man.

Ellerby (+ a pick) for Hammer, that even close?
Well, if we signed Suter I think Bowman would be easily willing to part Hammer for picks and maybe a prospect too, I think we unloaded our 2nd and 3rd for 2013 to get Oduya, probably hoping to get those back at some point. Hammer would be an excellent fit in Florida.

deytookerjaabs is online now   Reply With Quote