View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 02:58 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
A few people have Kadri/McKegg listed as the 3rd line centres for the Leafs going forward...

Usually your 3rd line centre is good defensively. Theyre usually a main piece of the PK and for shutting down the oppositions finest. Kadri/McKegg are both below average defensively, I don't really see that as an option.

#1 Goalie
#1 Centre
3rd Line Centre
Those are the main holes I think.

D looks pretty set long-term, with Phaneuf/Rielly/Gardiner/Gunnar/Franson/Percy/Blacker/Finn duking it out.

Top 6 wing looks pretty set with Kessel/JVR/Kadri/Kulemin/Frattin/Ashton duking it out.

#2 Centre should be one of Grabo/Colborne/Bozak. Frattin/D'Amigo/Kulemin/Ashton could make good long-term 3rd line wingers (essentially whichever ones can't crack the top 6 are physical enough / defensive enough to be really solid 3rd line guys).

Reimer/Scrivens are likely good second tier NHL goalies, but way too early to at all expect either to fill the #1 role longterm. Big question mark there.
I'm pretty sure Carlyle will be using Grabovski as the "3rd line Center" at least according to your definition of a shut-down, defensive line.

It's actually, historically speaking, the line Carlyle ices the 2nd most of his forward corps.

So I dunno, doesn't that mean the shut down line is the 2nd line?

Either way, Leafs need a 2nd line scoring C and a top line scoring C.

Colborne should be one of the two, most likely the 2nd line C.

Bozak is maintaining the interim position until a more suitable replace is found, although he did a great job last season, and I for one would be happy with his continued embauchement in that role.

When Bozak is up for contract renewal it'll be a different story but for now a 1C that isn't a super beast but only costs $1.2M is in it's own right pretty beastly.

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote