View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 03:42 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I honestly have more concerns about Maatta than DP, but I am going to hold off for another season and see how he does before I wonder if Frk or Aberg would of been a better pick at 22.

One, because you generally see a big improvement in top tier players after they are drafted; two, as I said I am very confident the winger position will be fixed this season; three, Marcantuoni has the potential to be as good as any fwd out of this draft aside from NY, if he can stay healthy and keep progressing. He has all of the tools to be a sick top 6er, but it seems very few people on here know about him.
I love Maatta. He plays like a bigger Timmonen. He's probably a 30-35 point guy at best (especially given the ridiculous depth the team now has on the blueline) but he plays a similar style to Pens board crush Ryan Suter. He was fantastic in the OHL playoffs also. It's always nice to see guys raise their games in the post season and he was easily London's best defenseman...it wasn't even close and that's a team that also rolls Harrington and Tinordi.

If I was picking between just Pouliot and Maatta...I'd probably take Maatta based solely on his ability to play in all scenarios...the guy's a bonafide minute eater. Pouliot's puck skills and passing give him the edge offensively but he reminds me a bit of Goligoski in that he's not really the guy who makes things go but he's skilled enough to play and thrive with better players.

Again, you can't go wrong with either to be honest. Ceci was another guy that I would've been pretty happy with at 8. I knew he had a hard shot but they clocked it at one of his workouts and he's already in the high 90's. Combine that with an all around game and great vision and I think you've got a guy in the mold of Larry Murphy.

My preference was still Forsberg...I actually would've taken him 3rd overall to be honest. His release is Sakic-esque and I love the way he handles to puck.

IHWR is offline   Reply With Quote