View Single Post
Old
04-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
Superior? No, not at all. But look at what happened. It was a "nothing" contact. Did it really look like somebody venting or blowing off steam to you? How about the more likely scenario he is trying to get away from the linesman?
But who kicks their leg up like that when you're trying to get away from a linesmen! I've never seen that in my years of watching and playing hockey. It was a completely unnatural movement, no one can convince me otherwise.

Quote:
I have never said that retaliation is the answer or an excuse. What I am saying is that it is clear what the Owen Sound strategy is. You stir things up often enough and get away with it, you never know what will happen. Each get two and London loses a top player? An extra two? A third man in? An injury? A major? A game misconduct? A match misconduct? It's the hackers strategy to gain an edge. Let's not pretend it isn't being done.
So now Owen Sound isn't allowed to play rough? Their strategy is exactly right for the situation they're in, and so far it's paying off. You just sound bitter that it's working.

Quote:
This from Mark Hunter:

"Angelidis went after Bolland and that is what started the whole scrum. It's concerning to us that Owen Sound is going after our best players. On that play, Theo Peckham (Attack tough guy, LFP)was paired up with Rob Schremp. Was that planned?"
Mark Hunter sounds like a whiny *****. It's a physical game and it's a strategy to play physical against the other team's top players. Like I just said, the OS strategy is paying off and London fans and apparently their management are bitter for it because their precious stars can't take the body or a little roughing after the whistle. "It's concerning to us". Well why? Because it makes you not win? London fans and the entire team are spoiled right now. You can't always win. Don't ***** when things finally don't go your way. It's the playoffs, not a curling tournament. Things are going to get rough.

Quote:
This quote from Angelidis:
"I watched the tape about five times. It was a clear kick and I think four games is about right. I didn't expect it at all, but there's no way the linesman caused him to do it. He knew what he was doing and he caught me with a laser kick right in the crotch. But I'm alright. It's fine."
I'm not really cheering for either team in this series, I think my team is capable of beating both of their possible opponents. But I have to agree with Angelidis here. It IS a clear kick. He's right, there's no way the linesman caused his leg to come up like that. The "laser kick" is funny and an exaggeration. I don't know how serious he was when he said it, but if I had to guess, it sounds like an attempt at humour. If he's serious, then he's badly exaggerating. It was a kick, but not a hard one with any potential to injure.

Quote:
This statement was released by Dave Bolland today:

Everything that Bolland has said fits with what is on the tape. He knows his own intents and he knows what effect the linesman had in the incident. You watch the event in real time, the linesman is turning him around quickly. Again, why isn't the linesman grabbing Angelidis who initiated matters with a cross check?
What Bolland said is downright embarassing. He seems kind of illiterate, actually. I thought he was a classy kid but what he said there is just stupid. Everything he said doesn't fit with what's on the tape. It fits with a "cover my *** until I die" mentality, which is the immature way of handling it. He really didn't say manhandle enough. He should've stepped up and apologized to the team and the fans for doing something stupid. Instead, he sounds like a whiny ***** just like Mark Hunter does. Man-up and admit it already. Of course he knows his own intents, but don't be naive enough to believe he wouldn't lie to save his own reputation!

Quote:
Meanwhile, you have "Laser" Angelidis who had to watch replays (5 times no less) to form an opinion about this kick at the speed of light to his groin area. A "laser kick" so severe in intensity that his first act was to gesture to officials to beg for a penalty, which one official bought into. Glad to hear he is "fine'. Perhaps he figured that out on the replays too.
I'm assuming you've only watched the video once and formed your opinion on that? So what if he had to watch it 5 times? This seems like a childish attempt to deflect the heat off of your team.

Quote:
I will believe Bolland before "Laser" Angelidis any day of the week. Or are there any fans out there who actually saw a "laser kick to the crotch"? I'd like to say Angelidis is just embellishing things, but simply put he being untruthful.
I have no doubt you'll believe Bolland over Angelidis (but especially the league, right?). That's what a homer is. We all are. But if Angelidis is being untruthful, then Bolland's pants must really be on fire.