View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
I love Maatta. He plays like a bigger Timmonen. He's probably a 30-35 point guy at best (especially given the ridiculous depth the team now has on the blueline) but he plays a similar style to Pens board crush Ryan Suter. He was fantastic in the OHL playoffs also. It's always nice to see guys raise their games in the post season and he was easily London's best defenseman...it wasn't even close and that's a team that also rolls Harrington and Tinordi.

If I was picking between just Pouliot and Maatta...I'd probably take Maatta based solely on his ability to play in all scenarios...the guy's a bonafide minute eater. Pouliot's puck skills and passing give him the edge offensively but he reminds me a bit of Goligoski in that he's not really the guy who makes things go but he's skilled enough to play and thrive with better players.

Again, you can't go wrong with either to be honest. Ceci was another guy that I would've been pretty happy with at 8. I knew he had a hard shot but they clocked it at one of his workouts and he's already in the high 90's. Combine that with an all around game and great vision and I think you've got a guy in the mold of Larry Murphy.

My preference was still Forsberg...I actually would've taken him 3rd overall to be honest. His release is Sakic-esque and I love the way he handles to puck.
Both of these guys are in good org and will get top notch coaching next year. I'm confident we will see a big jump for both of them by the time they turn pro.

People just have to be patient and again, we have an exciting fwd prospect in the system now. Who cares where he was taken? It isn't a reflection on his skill, but ****** luck with injuries. His shoulder is supposed to of healed well and he added 13 lbs of muscle since he got hurt.

Marcantuoni is right in my backyard here, I know as much about him as anyone in the draft. He has all of the talent we have wanted in a fwd prospect for yrs.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote