View Single Post
Old
06-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Frenzy1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zombonis View Post
I assume if the Blue Jackets had made that trade, that they would have packaged some picks and moved up a few times during the draft. Probably leaving them with about 10 picks. makes for interesting debate.
Very true, but if you were the Blues (drafting Pie) would you have traded back to get Meyers. How much better is Pie then Meyers? I think there is a solid difference (While Meyers is top pairing, Pie is Norris candidate.). No amount of draft choices in my mind would make up that difference.

Columbus doesn't need depth - they have plenty in Moore, Savard.. But outside of JJ, they don't have top pairing in the system. They need high end talent.

NO GM put GR in the same tier as Murray. Only fans that are doing that now are the Islander fans and those that want to laugh at the CBJ. Most NHL insiders agree with the CBJ in not taking the trade and that NYI were not far off in making the offer.

Another way of looking at it would be from our perspective, if you were the Blues (drafting 3) with our current lineup. Would you trade back or get the top player?

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote