View Single Post
Old
04-11-2006, 06:59 PM
CharlieGirl

vCash: 500
I'm not sure where you're going with the Valabik vs Foreman thing... I didn't see the play, so I can't comment on it. If it went down as you say, then it should have been called.

We obviously have differing views of whether Bolland's kick was accidental or intentional. I do agree that it can't possibly be considered intent to injure though.

I think I understand your point - a high stick that draws blood gets 4 minutes; making a kicking motion gets 4 games. The only answer I have is that a kicking motion is a deliberate action; a high stick (other than swinging the stick) happens in the course of a game, and happens so quickly that it's almost impossible for a ref to determine whether it's accidental or intentional (I do think that the vast majority are the result of carelessness).

If a 4-game suspension were handed down for every high stick infraction, maybe players would learn to have more control over their sticks. There would also be a number of nights where teams couldn't play due to lack of players -- so that rule is never going to be introduced.