View Single Post
06-26-2012, 05:00 PM
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KeepitinPitt Send a message via AIM to KeepitinPitt
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
Yeah man that's where I'm at as well.

Me and Jiggy typically agree on a lot of things but it looks like we;re a little off on this one. Being disappointed by Despres or Morrow isn't the same thing in this case. Those were both later first rounders...not top 10 picks. If the third best forward in the draft was still on the board in 2009 (we'll use Evander Kane as this example) and we still took Despres...yeah...I'd be livid. Well, we kinda did that to a lesser degree last weekend.

I still think we got a beauty of a player, but can anyone really argue that Maatta isn't on par with Pouliot? How often are the Pens going to pick that high again? I think we had a chance to grab one of the many high skilled forwards that the team lacks but instead we grabbed another, quality puck moving defensman.

Pouliot's not a bad pick, I just don't think it was a great pick either. And I'm a huge believer in BPA, I've championed that **** around here for years. Believe me, I'd love for Pouliot to turn out to be the best player picked after the #8 spot...I just don't think he will be.
I'm with you on this as well. With the 8th pick I feel as though we had a choice between a stud D prospect and a stud winger and considering the lack of a blue chip forward prospects in the system I wanted us to grab the stud winger (Forsberg). It's really as simple as that. No disrespect to Pouliot at all and I'm not questioning our scouts ability to draft good players. They have a great track record when it comes to taking defense so I'm pretty confident that Pouliot will be a solid player and I'm actually really excited about him. In fact I think most people who wanted Forsberg are still excited to see what Pouliot can do.

I don't see what's wrong with saying that or how that can be misconstrued as whining either. Maybe there were people throwing tantrums in the draft day thread but I missed it, so I really don't know.

KeepitinPitt is offline   Reply With Quote